Dalgona (달고나) or ppopgi (뽑기) is a Korean candy made with melted sugar and baking soda. It was a popular street snack in the 1970s and 1980s, and is still eaten as a retro food. It has a different name for each region. When a pinch of baking soda is mixed into melted sugar, the thermal decomposition of the baking soda releases carbon dioxide, which makes the liquidized sugar puff up, and it becomes a light and crunchy candy once cooled and hardened. Typically, the creamy beige liquid is poured on a flat surface, pressed flat, and stamped with a patterned mold. Eaters try to trim their way around the outline or picture on the snack without breaking the picture. If the trimming is completed successfully without breaking the candy, the consumer receives another free dalgona.
Dalgona was a significant element of the Netflix series Squid Game, leading to a revival of Dalgona’s popularity in South Korea. Sales for the candy have doubled for street vendors. People have also taken to social media to make their own candy at home as a challenge.
Modern cafes in Korea serve novel beverages where dalgona-flavoured coffee cream is heaped on top of iced tea or coffee (See: Dalgona coffee), and pastries such as scones. Some cafes also used dalgona to launch desserts such as bingsu (ice dessert) and souffle.
Korean sugar Candy Making Tools Set DALGONA (9pcs in 1set)
- Korean call it Bbopki, Ppopgi or dalgona
- You can cook it at home easily
- The ultimate set for candy decorating fans
- Korean traditional cookie Dalgona flavored lollipops
Dalgona Korean sugar straw candy 250gram
- Brand : Hanwool
- Weight : 250 Grams
- Package Weight : 0.29 Kilograms
- Unit Count : 8.81 Ounce
AABEY Squid Game Dalgona Candy Prop, Squid Game Cookie, Resin Faux Squid Game Honeycomb Sugar Candy Cosplay Props, Dia 6 Inch Squid Game Korean Sugar Game Prop, Halloween Joke Toys
- Material: These pies are made of resin, come with a needle to cutout the shape within a short time ! Very funny.
- 10 Minutes: The Squid Game “Sugar Picking” game requires a time limit of ten minutes. Participants must completely take out the pattern in the sugar pie. If the pattern is damaged or overtime, it will be eliminated by the staff.
- More Nervous: If you are really in the environment in the play, you will be more nervous and your hands will shake more!
- Fit Multiple Players: Multiple players can play the game at the same time, and you must finish the game within the specified time to win.
- Perfect Games: Best games for parties or outdoor games. It’s so fun! Let us experience this happy moment.